Cramps happen when an affected muscle does not get enough oxygen. Cramps in abdominal region are considered to be stomach cramps. Stomach cramps are very common phenomenon which may affect anybody at some point in their lives. There are several home remedies for stomach cramps which can be tried within the comforts of your home.
1. One of the simplest home remedies for stomach cramps is to eat and drink slowly and chew food properly.
2. Avoid overeating, as stomach is very sensitive to over stuffing.
3. Bananas are considered to be one of the best home remedies for stomach cramps. Low level of potassium may result into stomach pain and since banana is a rich source of potassium, it will definitely help in giving relief from the cramps.
4. Try to stay hydrated, consume lots of liquids like tea, water and milk with honey.
5. In order to ease stomach cramps you can have a glass of hot water with mint leaves or ground ginger root.
6. Peppermint tea and chamomile tea are also very effective in giving relief from the cramps.
7. Light exercise such as walking is also very helpful. Make it a daily routine of taking a little walk after your meals.
8. After having your meals wait for at least half an hour before you engage yourself into heavy duty activities.
9. Add fibers in your diet. These fibers help in moving food through your digestive system quickly.
10. To get relief from cramps, just warm the iron and put a folded towel on your stomach. Now iron this towel on your stomach. Or you can even try placing hot water bottle on your stomach.
11. Drinking herbal teas such as comfrey, red raspberry leaf and alfalfa can give relief from stomach pain.
12. One of the efficient home remedies for stomach cramps is to practice yoga on a regular basis. You can even do exercises such as running, pilates and sit-ups.
13. Do not eat foods which are high in fat and avoid consuming alcohol.
14. Mix salt (one fourth tablespoon), cord (three tablespoons), and pinch of black pepper and basil leaves. Now you can either consume this mixture by itself or mix it with a bland food.
15. If you are suffering from anxiety or you are feeling upset, then it is always better to eat afterwards when you feel little better.
16. Do not consume caffeine. Drinks like cola, tea and coffee will make your cramps worse.
17. Do not gulp cold fluids or icy drinks quickly, as they can cause painful cramps.
18. Consume carom seeds (one to three grams) with water. You can even add little rock salt to it. This will give you relief from stomach pain.
19. One of the efficient home remedies for stomach cramps is the mixture of ginger juice (one teaspoon) and castor oil (one teaspoon) with half cup of warm water. Consume this mixture twice daily.
Read about Home Remedies for Stomach Cramps
. Also know Home Remedies for Stomach Ulcers